Translate

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Italy Stamps [5th Post]

New Entries

Before I start writing my posts , i usually use the "Labels" drop Down Menu at your right, to see what stamps I already have presented from the country I'm interested and specially what I have written in those posts...seeing the first posts I've made makes me think in two main subjects : the size of the posts and the level of detail... I can see that with time I chose to present many more stamps, and to talk a lot more about them, with some conversation about Designers, engravers, printers, etc... I feel like having walked a long way in just 2 years of blog....I don't know if this is the right approach , if this is the way to reach more viewers, if they are happy to 'have me around', but it is the way I want things to be , right now... the work in my 2 blogs at the same time , made me very conscious about the importance of a good catalog, and of all the information it provide us in order to get the "Big Picture", that I'm always looking.. to see things that happens in diverse places in the world , obeying  to the same rules, coincidences that are not coincidence , and so on.... I think that this is one the most appealing aspects of World wide Stamp Collecting...we are able to create a "Big Picture" , and there are , for sure, many "Big Pictures", depending of the Collector's  view.... this is interesting.!.. 

.................................................................................................................................................................................................
Today I have Italian stamps from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's... I could pick these stamps and present them chronologically like I usually do, but this vast time frame is also the domain of Great Italian Designers and Engravers, so I decided to present the stamps from each one of them in different sections....
There are two things we should know about Italy stamps and Stamp Artists....As we easily know , Italy was the Birth Country of countless Great Artists from all branches of Art, since before the Roman Empire...Celebrating their lives and work is Omnipresent in Italian Philately, with many Designs of Paintings, Sculptures, Coins, etc...the other interesting thing to know is that Stamp Artists from Italy are also found in Vatican Philately, with many of the Great Italian Names of engraving and Stamp Designing presented there....
...................................................................................................................................................................................................




In one of the previous posts with Italian stamps, I have presented some more stamps of this Great series...it has 19 stamps and with these I am presenting now, there are still 2 missing .. the first (50c) and the last (200l)....The Designer was Corrado Mezzana , for me one of the Best Stamp Designer's in the world.. ever!!!! he mastered  Architecture subjects, The Human Body, Landscapes, Weapons, Battles, Mythology , all of his designs are examples of extraordinary Technic and originality... His stamps Designing from the 30's for Italy is something really out of  the ordinary...!! I can say that if you have all his stamps, you are fortunate and probably wealthy...!  his series from the 30's are not common and sometimes reach high values today....(Well deserved, I must say!!) ... Religious Thematic is common in his work , not only for being a devoted Catholic but also for his work in the rehabilitation of many Religious Buildings.... this particular series is very cheap and common  and it is from the 50's , but it is well representative of his high quality Designs.... if you click on the name of the Artist , above , You will reach the 2 posts I've done yet in my ArtinStamps Blog , about him (with the stamps for Italy and Vatican)...
A curious detail about this series, is that the first 17 stamps are [Photo] printed and the last two (100 and 200l) are [Recess] printed (the one I present was engraved by Vittorio Nicastro,  and I have a section about him in this post , but I rather present this particular stamp in it's right place, next to other stamps from the same series...)
1950 "Provincial Professions" (19) [Des (Corrado Mezzana)][Recess (100l,200l)][Photo (others)] Sc(551,555,556,557,560,563,564,565,566)

Engraver [ Alceo Quieti ]


1960 (9) Sc(801)
1974 (2) Sc(1138)











1975 (3) Sc(1182)

1977 (2) Sc(1272)






1978 (1) Sc(2256)
This first small section show us some stamps engraved by Alceo Quieti ... Why an engraver and not focus on the Designing work , as usual... the answer is simple, because, most of the illustrations presented, are actually work of Classic Artists that do not  have worked  as stamp designers... their work was used to these particular stamps... so the stamp designer , only had to add the labels and the frames (when they exist..).. the real Art work of these stamps is made by the engraver, and this is why this time I will highlight  some of these great Artists commemorating their work  with a section of this post... I will not show any biographical data or make any considerations about the Artists... I will just show their Engraver work in these stamps...

Engraver[ Vittorio Nicastro ]







[Left][Right] 1958 (2) Sc(739,740)






[Left][Right] 1959 (2) Sc(763,764)






1959 (1) Sc(771)
1960 (2) Sc(794)
1968 (1) Sc(985)
1970 (1) Sc(1015)













1970 (1) Sc(1020)
1972 (1) Sc(1076)













1974 (1) Sc(1140)
1973 (1) Sc(1116)




1973 (1) Sc(1137)

Engraver [ R. Di Giuseppe ]


1973 (1) Sc(1090)
1973 (3) Sc(1131)



1973 (3) Sc(1132)
1973 (3) Sc(1133)



1976 (3) Sc(1228)

I had some more stamps to show but "Blogger" isn't helping... in my last posts I had problems with the fonts, particularly with the size's of the letters...this time , the images wont load where I want them to be, and all of this is making me very upset...Don't know what is happening...!
For the moment this is all I can do.... 

SeeYou





No comments:

Post a Comment